My Progress

Friday, March 11, 2011

Just a little WW hint...

I have a couple of little surprises that you might find interesting! On my quest of counting points I discovered a couple of items that are surprising low in points and wanted to share them with you!

The first one is Fritos:

Most chips of any kind are very high in points and I unfortunately usually have to avoid them. It may come as a shock to you, as it did to me, but Fritos are actually very low in points! If you look on the back of a regular sized bag you will see that the serving size is one ounce or 32 chips, and if you calculate the points for this serving it comes out to be only 4 points! I have seen bags of chips that are this amount for like 10! This is a great snack for a salty craving and add a little bit of hot sauce or salsa to make it even better for no added points!

The next one is:
Having a fast food craving? Especially for FRIED goodies? Well you will be surprised to know that some items at Long John Silvers are actually not that bad! I have not had this for a long time because I assumed that it was horrible since it was fried. Well I was wrong! I am not talking about their healthy menu which includes things like grilled salmon, rice, and veggies. Those items of course are healthy, but I am talking about something a little more shocking on their regular menu and that is the Chicken Plank! This fried succulent goodness is only 3 points! If you want two, that is only 6 points! Not too shabby! :)

I hope you find this info useful, I know I sure have! :)

4 comments:

  1. That Fritos bag is a 2 oz bag, which would make it 8 points...always be sure to watch for the number of servings in the package so you don't end up eating more than you intended. :) FWIW my calculator also came up with 4 P+ for the chicken strip at LJS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The points I calculated for the Fritos is for 1 oz not 2 so it is in fact four points and I used 2 WW calculators to calculate the points from the nutrition info on the LJS website and it is in fact 3 points. Thanks for the concerns, I hope this cleared it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 4 points using 2 different websites for 1 oz or 32 chips. 3 is a better answer!



    ReplyDelete
  4. if you love fritos, heres a quick recipe for Frito Pie: 1 lb lean ground beef, 1 can pinto beans, 1 tub of Bueno red chile Hot. Combine, cook this and then put 6 ounces of this on top of 32 fritos - 8 points....add fat free cheese or nonfat sour cream for flavor

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment! :)