My Progress

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cucumbers

Cucumbers are one of the best versatile and low cal snacks! Not to mention that they are ZERO Points Plus Points! Even though they are wonderful they can get pretty boring. This is why I am going to share 3 great cucumber ideas with you!

Cucumber Chicken Sandwich




















For this sandwich I used:

  • About 5 slices of cucumber
  • 1 Slice of Oroweat Potato bread (pic)
  • 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Original Swiss (pic)1 Morning Star Grilled Chicken Pattie (pic)And a little bit of pepper.
I toasted the one slice of bread and then cut it in half.
While the bread was toasting I heated up the grilled chicken pattie in the microwave according to the directions on the box.
I spread the cream cheese on top of the chicken pattie and placed the cucumbers on top.
Then I sprinkled the top of the cucumbers with a little bit of pepper.

I had this nifty little sandwich for lunch and it was delicious! The potato bread is only 80 calories, the chicken pattie is only 80 calories, and the cream cheese is only 50 calories!

All together this sandwich comes to only 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus Points!


This brings me to the next great snack with cucumbers which is only two ingredients that I already listed above.

Cucumbers with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cream cheese, delicious and only a 1 Point snack! :)

The last cucumber snack I will discuss is one that I have been doing for quite a while and absolutely love it! All it consists of is cucumber slices doused in vinegar and oil! I prefer to use red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. The points for this snack will depend on how much oil you use. 1 tablespoon of evoo is 2 points depending on the brand you use. I usually use more vinegar than oil in order to offset the points. I also sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper for added flavor making this another great low cal low point cucumber snack!

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey how are ya!? This sandwich looks delicious. I think I am gonna try it. Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave a Comment! :)