My Progress

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken Recipe #1 - Mexican Chili

I mentioned on my Chicken Noodle Soup blog post about saving about 5 cups of the chicken for other recipes that I would post later on. Well this is one of them!

What You Need:

2 quarts of tomato juice
8oz of sour cream
1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of saved cooked chicken
1 15oz can of black beans
1 24oz jar of picante sauce

What You Do:

Pour entire amount of tomato juice, black beans, chicken, and picante sauce in a large pot (like the one shown in the picture) and put on high until boiling. Cover and simmer for 20 min. Stir in the sour cream and add chili powder and garlic salt to taste if desired. Cover and simmer for another 10 min. Top with shredded cheese and/or Fritos if you like and serve.

I am not going to post points because it will depend on the brands and fat content of ingredients that you use. Just make sure to use my Points Plus Calculator to figure it out. :) ENJOY!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment! :)